Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Recycling Scentsy Wax

So I saw this pin on making emergency candles for power outages. I thought, "That's a good idea, I should make an emergency kit." Then of course I didn't do anything, because that's what I do. A few days later, I was dumping the wax out of my Scentsy warmer (need some Scentsy? My friend Jana sells it.), thinking, "This is kind of wasteful."

In the words of Mr. Gru, "Liiiiiiiiiiiight bulb!"

So I bought some wicks from Michael's, used an old jelly jar (yes! finally a use for all the jars I save!), and started pouring my used Scentsy wax in the jar! It's a gradual process, I just pour in another layer each time I empty my Scentsy.

Here it is so far:

I use the pencil to hold the wick up straight while I'm pouring. Now I can start my emergency stash! One candle down, lots of stuff to go.

I'm Pinning for the Wednesdays at Mommin' It Up!


2 comments:

  1. I think Pinterest was made for you! Great idea! Love the pic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way! And Pin for the Wednesdays has made me actually DO all the stuff I've pinned!

      Delete