Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dish Towel Apron

Artfully arranged doodles to disguise my messy kitchen.
So I thought I had an original idea.

Whenever I'm working in the kitchen, I tend to wipe my hands off on my pants. I can never find a towel in a convenient place, so I just use my clothes.

Anyway, I had a brilliant idea to make an apron out of a dish towel! I had it all laid out and everything. Then I started to think... "You know what, I bet someone else has thought of this before." So I searched Pinterest for "dish towel apron" and lo and behold, it came up with a gazillion pins for super cute aprons made out of dish towels!

So I'm not brilliant. But I did do this little apron all by myself. All I did was take a dish towel that I already had, folded it up about 2/3 of the way, and stitched up the sides. I stitched up 2 more seams to make 3 pockets for my apron, then sewed a wide ribbon on the top for a waistband. I used about 2 yards of ribbon, but you can just measure around your waist and then add about 2 feet for the amount you need. It was super-easy and only took about 15 minutes to make.

I use it all the time and I'm pretty proud of my "original" idea!

I didn't use this tutorial, but oddly the towel and ribbon look exactly the same as the ones I used.

Also, Pinning for the Wednesdays!!!

1 comment:

  1. Robyn, I adore you for that "artfully arranged photo" alone!! So much awesomeness. And you are too brilliant! - J

    ReplyDelete